A little something I was experimenting with a wee while ago… I’m hoping to pick this up again soon…
Very pretty results if nothing else.. I really liked the way you could track the nozzle not only by it’s movement and noise but also the heat exchange changing the colour of the surface it was printing onto…
The picture below shows only the nozzle’s track and no polymer yet!
The picture below shows how the yellow polymer glows as the magenta thermochromic dye changes under the heat. It’s a 31 degree magenta thermochromic dye on silk that I printed the polymer onto with the Ultimaker 3D printer.
Well, a first mock up at least!
Things have been busy at Codedchromics HQ recently and we may just have something very delightful to show you all very soon. In the meantime here’s a sneaky peek at a piece of costumeI’ve been making. More to follow imminently! (there is a deadline!!!! Arrghhhhhhh).
It’s not looking at it’s best in these photographs but I thought it would be good to show what I’ve been up to… we’re working on a little movie to show it in all of it’s glory and different states.
Watch this space and thanks for checking us out so far.
Day one and nothing works, understanding levels seem to decrease and then you feel disheartened! BUT!!!!… Day two shows that we didn’t waste our time on day one at all and all of a sudden with a persistent Dr Chromic (DJCAD) and the Fabulous King Dougie (DJCAD) we finally got to grips with the Arduino UNO and some simple sketches… I may just learn to love this stuff!